CEEAMS, the Central and European Association for Mission Studies, invites applications for the position of a General Secretary for 8 hours per week on a free-lance basis.
The GS’s task is to help keep the Association running smoothly, taking care of administrative and organisational tasks under the responsibility of the Executive Committee.
The number of members and activities have increased significantly over the past three years since the Association became a legal entity under Hungarian law. This is the reason the Executive committee now seeks a General Secretary.
CEEAMS was established in 2002. Since 2015 it operates as a legal entity under Hungarian law. It has 57 members from 14+ Central and European Countries. The Association seeks to promote the scholarly study of systematic, biblical, historical and practical mission-related issues for the benefit of Church and society. CEEAMS aims to relate studies in mission to studies in theology and other disciplines through the encouragement of interdisciplinary research programs and other appropriate means.
It wants to contribute to the development of theological education with special regard to ministerial formation, to disseminate information concerning mission studies to all those engaged in that and related fields of study, and to promote fellowship, cooperation and mutual assistance in mission studies.
To realize the above formulated purposes, the Association:
- organizes conferences, consultations, study groups, workshops and seminars;
- initiates common research projects;
- issues its own periodical journal ACTA MISSIOLOGIAE and other occasional publications;
- maintains a website (ceeams.org);
- seeks other occasions and opportunities to reach its goals.
The association has an executive committee with three members, responsible for all aspects of the Association.
The main responsibilities of the job include:
- Communicating with and strengthening of the involvement of CEEAMS members in the Association
- Cooperating in maintaining the CEEAMS website and producing the CEEAMS Newsletter.
- Offering administrative support to the CEEAMS study groups and research projects
- Organising and facilitating conferences
- Liaising with organisations, participants, accommodations
- Producing administrative data
- Processing invoices
- Preparing reimbursements of travel expenses
- Monitoring the budget
- Managing the subscription administration of the missiological journal ACTA Missiologiae
- Maintaining the subscription database
- Processing new requests for individual, and institutional subscriptions, as well as complimentary and exchange subscriptions
- Preparing shipping
- Monitoring the budget
- Providing administrative support to the Editorial Board of ACTA MISSIOLOGIAE
- Communicate with those that submitted articles and abstracts
- Track the stages in the editorial process and keep the editorial board informed
- Offering administrative support to the Executive Committee in line with the requirements of the Constitution of CEEAMS
- Managing of CEEAMS membership administration
- Preparing monthly invoices, bills and bank statements for the bookkeeper
- Filing key documents for future reference
- Providing HR support by preparing Memoranda of Agreement
- Preparing authorizations of payments
- Answering calls, taking messages and handling correspondence
- Organising and facilitating Skype meetings, taking notes
Key skills required:
- Communication skills (both writing and speaking) in English
- Teamwork skills
- Attention to details
- Proven skills in financial and business administration
- The ability to use software packages
- Organisation and time management skills
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new things
- Affinity with the aims and goals of CEEAMS
- Advantage: familiarity with the Hungarian legal requirements for Associations
Number of hours:
- The number of hours will vary in relation the activities of the association, it will be a part-time job for 8 hours a week in average
We envision employing the CEEAMS General Secretary by September 17th 2018. We invite applications for this position by September 12th, 2018 at the latest.
Procedure of Application:
Please send (1) a short CV with a motivation letter to Pavol Bargar (email@example.com, cc firstname.lastname@example.org), Vice-President of CEEAMS. The Skype interview will take place on September 14th.