Local and regional Churches as well as Christian organizations take many actions and have much involvement in issues related to the Roma people. The history of the wide range of good and less good examples is long. Discussions on inclusive churches or separate cultural oriented events are many. What often is missing is the sharing of information about initiatives and results. Information is only fragmentally available. Cooperation is not self-evident.
Using its strengths as a mission resource and research centre in Central and Eastern Europe since 1995, a Knowledge Centreis envisioned which, in cooperation with the Central and Eastern European Association for Mission Studies and other partners would collect:
- Information on Roma issues regarding the role of Churches and Christian organizations
- Databases from different stakeholders involved
- Stories and practices about ideas, initiatives and results on work from and with Roma
- Making an inventory on relevant organizations
- Films, video and other multimedia-material